Saturday, October 4, 2008

Remember

I hold in my hand something that I will never let go of. Something that is so important, so strong that there are many individuals who wish to take it away. Within my heart I have a feeling, I have a knowledge that certain people wish to crush and destroy. They don’t want me to have this feeling, this knowledge, this thing that I hold in my hand.

There has come a point where particular people no longer want these things to exist, they no longer want me to be able to stand up and say what I know in my heart. They want to take over what it is that I stand for. These people are out to destroy something that every person knows is sacred, but that so many have forgotten to protect. They will do this without many of us seeing it. They will do it while we are blinded by other things, hoping that by the time we awaken to the truth it will be too late.

This thing I hold in my hand has been through so much history. Now, today while most aren’t paying much attention to it, they seek to slowly remove it completely. It doesn’t work-they say. It is outdated-they claim. It is no longer applicable-they whisper to us. It doesn’t stand for us anymore-they persuade us slowly over to their side. They have tried everything they can to rid us of it, but there are those who remember and who will fight for it. Right now we still have it. Right now it is still in our hands.

Yet we have grown lazy, we have begun to forget what it is that we stand for. We are overcome by greed, and material things that distract us from what is truly important. We have forgotten that it is something that is important enough to die for. We have forgotten that for so many generations it has been held by the people and praised because of what it has done for us. We believe that what we have is expendable, changeable, and that it isn’t in the name of God that it was written. We want to eliminate even that final lasting truth from every mouth of every child within our borders. We believe it better not to celebrate it on a daily basis, and rather try to ignore that it ever happened.

Many are trying to erase if from our memories. The children are not taught about it the way they should be. Children are taught that it is somehow wrong, flawed so much that they should turn their backs on it while still trying to hold on to what it has given to us.

I hold in my hand the Constitution of the United States as well as the Declaration of Independence. It is something that is very important to this country, so strong that there are people even here that wish to take it away from me. Within my heart I feel the blood of an American who believes in God pump through my entire body, and I have knowledge that I am gifted by God with three inalienable rights. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. They don’t want me to have this feeling, this knowledge, or this thing I hold in my hand.

I will not let them take it away, however. I will not let them steal from me what I know I deserve because I am an American. They will never stop me from standing tall in my classroom and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance with a straight back and heart pounding with pride as I say the words “One Nation under God Indivisible with Liberty and Justice For All.” Every time I look at the words of the Constitution, every time I see that Bill of Rights, I will be reminded that this is a country that is worth fighting and dying for. I will salute those in the armed forces for their services to this great nation. Whenever someone tries to tell me that America is not the greatest country ever created I will not back down until I can convince them otherwise. I will tell everyone who doesn’t know the truth about this country, and I won’t let others to pervert it and change it into something that it isn’t. I will uphold my rights as an American to speak out against anyone who wishes to take my rights and the rights of others away. I will never forget that this country is God’s country, and it was founded by a group of men who saw God helping them through every word they wrote upon that paper.

Please stand with me. Please remember that you are an American, that because of that you have the right to speak out against the government, that you have the right to bear arms that you have the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Please don’t allow those who wish to take these rights away from you, who are trying to sneak things into the Constitution that should never be there, that, are trying to lull you into a sense of complacency do so without a fight. When people fight for what they stand for, when someone in an ocean of wrong stands up and remembers to declare the truth the tides will surely change. Don’t allow this country to be destroyed. Don’t let people say that this country is anything less than what it is, and don’t ever back down from a fight for what is right. Remember who you are. Who we are.

We are Americans. We are citizens of the United States of America. In God We Trust.

We will never fail.

1 comment:

BarbarianPhilosohper said...

great post, I posted a few days ago about a quote from Obama on localities being able to trample on "rights". I think you would like it.